Question about clownfish pairing (Yes I'm new)

Fish?

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, so I have a da vinci clownfish and a nearly naked clownfish I am trying to pair (which I regret since these are my first 2 fish) and they were fighting for about a week and I saw the smaller da vinci clown who was in the tank for a little bit longer, submit to the other after a few days of only hiding and only fighting back for defense, the fighting stopped for a small amount of time but then started back up, so after them being in the tank for about a week which is about 24g I bought a breeder box and separated them because the slightly bigger nearly naked clownfish had 2 small tears in his fin. So the tears look a little better and the aggressor which is the nearly naked clown has been in the box for about 2 weeks, but still shows signs of aggression which is darting at the one outside the box, pretending to slap the other with his tail? and some weird twitching where he would turn like 45 degrees and twitch in the water about every three seconds. Also I'm pretty sure the da vinci submitted to the other one because it turned onto one of its sides twitched twice then repeated that on its other side. So how long do I keep the fish in the breeder box? Do I take him out for some time and see what happens or should I wait until I see no aggression? Thank you.

anemoneanatomy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the fish the same size? If no, who is bigger? And were they added to the tank at the same time, or separately?

GeoSquid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've paired a few clowns (cinnamon, gold stripe and saddle backs). These were done at different times in different tanks. They were all paired with the same species. The cinnamon and saddles pairs were added at the same time with one being noticeably larger than the other. The gold stripe larger fish was added to an established smaller fish. Key is that one was bigger than the other, then just let them work it out. I thought the gold stripe was going to kill the smaller one for a time, he was pretty beat up, but they eventually paired up.

OP
OP
Fish?

Fish?

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the fish the same size? If no, who is bigger? And were they added to the tank at the same time, or separately?
they were added at different times the nearly naked is slightly bigger and was added after the smaller davinci

OP
OP
Fish?

Fish?

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've paired a few clowns (cinnamon, gold stripe and saddle backs). These were done at different times in different tanks. They were all paired with the same species. The cinnamon and saddles pairs were added at the same time with one being noticeably larger than the other. The gold stripe larger fish was added to an established smaller fish. Key is that one was bigger than the other, then just let them work it out. I thought the gold stripe was going to kill the smaller one for a time, he was pretty beat up, but they eventually paired
alright, well since I have the one in the box when should he be let out?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 37 54.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 37 54.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • None.

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.8%
Back