Question about conversation

SherieS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How to ask a question without putting a recipient?! And what is a sticky conversation?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A conversation is a private message to someone else. Is this what you want to do or do you want to create a new topic so everyone can see it?

Check out this link where I explain how to create a new thread!

Thank you!

BillFish Coral Lover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A conversation is a private message to someone else. Is this what you want to do or do you want to create a new topic so everyone can see it?

Check out this link where I explain how to create a new thread!

Thank you!
Hey, Rev. I need to know what a sticky conversation is, too, please. Thanks.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How to ask a question without putting a recipient?! And what is a sticky conversation?
But seriously I think a sticky conversation is a conversation that has been saved and put to the top of all conversations because it is usually a subject that comes up all the time or is very important so being made sticky puts it in easier spot to be seen first by all

Tumey

Reefer With A Broken Brain ( TBI Survivor )
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sticky Threads are found inside of the forum topics. From the Menu tab select forums, this brings up discussion topics categorized by content inside the forums. At the top of whatever discussion topic is chosen you’ll see Sticky Threads, these are discussions and useful information pertaining to that forum. Below is a screenshot of the stickies inside of the forum New to Saltwater & Reef Aquariums? Post Here
15D3A362-8EFF-461A-B638-F214719849CA.png

Hope this helps!

BillFish Coral Lover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks but I'm actually trying to PM someone. Revhtree said above that a conversation is a private message. And when I try to start a private conversation these are the choices:
  • Allow anyone in the conversation to invite others
  • Lock conversation (no responses will be allowed)
  • Sticky conversation
I want to receive responses from the recipient only. First allows them to invite others. Second allows no conversation, so a block, I guess. Third, sticky conversation may be what I want? It sticks only to the recipient and me? That's a confusing moniker no matter how you slice it.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks but I'm actually trying to PM someone. Revhtree said above that a conversation is a private message. And when I try to start a private conversation these are the choices:
  • Sticky conversation
I want to receive responses from the recipient only. First allows them to invite others. Second allows no conversation, so a block, I guess. Third, sticky conversation may be what I want? It sticks only to the recipient and me? That's a confusing moniker no matter how you slice it.
If trying to pm someone just click on there name and then click the start conversation button

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  • Sticky conversation
Like from this thread click my name 1x and then click start conversation. This will start private message

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

BillFish Coral Lover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sticky Threads are found inside of the forum topics. From the Menu tab select forums, this brings up discussion topics categorized by content inside the forums. At the top of whatever discussion topic is chosen you’ll see Sticky Threads, these are discussions and useful information pertaining to that forum. Below is a screenshot of the stickies inside of the forum New to Saltwater & Reef Aquariums? Post Here
15D3A362-8EFF-461A-B638-F214719849CA.png

Hope this helps!
Thanks

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's there, just scroll to the bottom of the page. I guess if I don't check any box it's just private, which is what I want. I'd still like to know what a "sticky conversation" is, though. Rev will probably answer when he has time. Thank for your help!
The sticky conversation answer has been already giving in this thread by me and others

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's there, just scroll to the bottom of the page. I guess if I don't check any box it's just private, which is what I want. I'd still like to know what a "sticky conversation" is, though. Rev will probably answer when he has time. Thank for your help!
Not sure someone will repeat what we already said for the 3rd time lol

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back