Question about cycling and parasite prevention

biggie4jets

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone.
So my question is a little complicated.

I have a brand new tank set up, which has completely cycled. I put a new clownfish in it from a friend and then I thought “****” I should have QT him. I currently have 2 fish in QT already for the new tank. So now I moved the one clown fish from the new tank and put him in QT. The QT tank has been dosed with Prazi pro already full treatment and is at the therapeutic level with copper.

My question is, what should I do with the new tank now that there’s no fish or invest in it? I raised the water temperature to 82 and I lowered the salinity to 1.009. How long should I keep it here for? The full 30 days? Should I start the cycle over again you think? I will test regularly to see the parameters, but wanted to see if anyone has been in the bot before.

Thank you!

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the cycle most likely won't be affected by hyposalinity, although meds will probably affect it. Just keep ghost feeding.

As for treating the tank: if the fish gets uronema, you're screwed. Otherwise, keep the tank at hyposalinity for the time period that you've been recommended, and make sure that it stays at 1.009 or below throughout.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back