Question about doser

reefpeeper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a jebeo 3 channel doser that i use for cal and alk addition. I have it set to dose 24 times a day for both. Problem i have is my up take of alk is higher during the day and would like to have more ml added during that time. Is there a doser out there that will allow me to change the amount dosed during day compared to night? Im trying to get my alk as stable as possible.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a jebeo 3 channel doser that i use for cal and alk addition. I have it set to dose 24 times a day for both. Problem i have is my up take of alk is higher during the day and would like to have more ml added during that time. Is there a doser out there that will allow me to change the amount dosed during day compared to night? Im trying to get my alk as stable as possible.
Most dosers what comes with app control can set up more elaborate schedules such as the one you're talking about wanting to do :)

Here's how it look on the new Reef Factory one (which can dose up to 48 times pr day), but there are many, many other options out there :) I use these (and Neptune and Red Sea).

Which one to buy is hard to say, it comes down to your budget I suppose! I do like the RF and Red Sea ones for ease of use.

Screenshot 2023-12-29 at 13.40.05.png

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the scheduling page. See how you can edit as required? Remove the planned dosing through out the day to balance out your dosing and consumption.

Most newer app-controlled dosing pumps can do something similar.

Screenshot 2023-12-29 at 13.41.53.png

OP
OP
reefpeeper

reefpeeper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the scheduling page. See how you can edit as required? Remove the planned dosing through out the day to balance out your dosing and consumption.

Most newer app-controlled dosing pumps can do something similar.

Screenshot 2023-12-29 at 13.41.53.png
That is exactly what im talking about. I do have the alkatronic but will check out the doser from them.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is exactly what im talking about. I do have the alkatronic but will check out the doser from them.
If that's the eco system you have chosen, check the dose tronic out yeah :upside-down-face:

Might come in handy down the line if you want to do some automation..

As I said, all of the newer app controlled pumps offer similar solutions - different packaging, quality and precision

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 108 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.5%
Back