Question about dying scoly

  • Thread starter Thread starter leonk
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

leonk

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 25, 2024
Messages
106
Reaction score
4
Location
united states
What state or country do you live in
Hawaii
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I went on vacation and my goby buried my Scoly now a small price is dying and showing skeleton it’s been recovering nothing has been touching it since but it looks like algae is growing on the skeleton is that gonna affect healing? If so what should I do? Here’s a pic the day I found it it eats at night still!

IMG_9867.jpeg
 
I'd leave it alone and get it off the sand. The more it is irritated the more likely it is to get infected. Put it on a rock.
 
I'd leave it alone and get it off the sand. The more it is irritated the more likely it is to get infected. Put it on a rock.
Should I dip it in iodine or kfc dip it? Scared the algae on its skeleton will cause an issue
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new