Question about goby’s

Adrift

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased a wheeler gobby and tiger pistol shrimp yesterday. This was an impulse buy and not on my original list… so here is my question. On my list was a diamond watchman gobby. Can I still get him or do I need to cancel my order? See below for the beautiful pair, I couldn’t resist. Although I have seen the wheeler gobby a few times last night and first thing this morning neither have been seen since. I haven’t seen the pistol shrimp since introduction into tank. I heard a click or two though last night and when I was feeding hatched baby brine to my two clowns. Oh my tank is 96x24x21 total volume 241gl and with displacement I’ve figured 177gl when I first filled it.
I know this is lengthy but honestly if this gobby isn’t a fit will a sand sifting one work? If so what type? Will a madrain be ok down the line?

3BD58EEF-A269-4B4D-84EF-FE1B12F4A6DA.jpeg 038AE7A7-B25A-43CE-92F1-0562DC77F649.jpeg 47C7B388-B0CC-46DF-86DB-E0BD2523C51A.jpeg

coralfishreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shouldn’t be an issue. I have a sand sifter and a shrimp goby and they completely ignore each other. Shrimp gobies are completely harmless from my experience with them. The sand sifting goby is also harmless. Unfortunately the tangs in the tank harass the sand sifting goby whenever they see it.

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with @nereefpat. Try to research using the latin name. Most fish have multiple common names and some of those names can be misleading. You don't want to mistakenly buy a fish thinking it's a certain type and it turns out to be completely different simply because the common name was misleading.

OP
OP
Adrift

Adrift

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with @nereefpat. Try to research using the latin name. Most fish have multiple common names and some of those names can be misleading. You don't want to mistakenly buy a fish thinking it's a certain type and it turns out to be completely different simply because the common name was misleading.
Thank you both.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back