Question about hitchhiker on my Frogspawn.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jnickles85
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jnickles85

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 11, 2016
Messages
77
Reaction score
19
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have noticed lately that my Frogspawn has been staying not so extended out as usual. Today I added some top off water to my tank and I noticed some tentacles swaying in the water around the Frogspawn. I got a picture where they are coming from and also have one on my snail. I'm just wondering if these guys are bad and or irritating my coral.

59ca756419e40fe4b372a65147a0811d.jpg

f16781c6d27afa98053857164e81b23f.jpg
 
Vermetid Snails and yes they can irritate corals. You can snap them off, or super glue them.
So I can just push them off by hand? Will they come back ? And by superglue I'm guessing you mean just cover the whole guy in glue lol.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 8.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new