Question about Nem and powerhead

hrdneglcry

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 15, 2022
Messages
718
Reaction score
212
Location
Michigan
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to bed and my anemone was on a rock. I recently added a Maxijet 1200 for flow even though I knew it was dangerous. My Jebao Slw20 is in a QT tank and it has a guard. It is usually in the tank. I got up and saw something weird on the output of the wave maker. I shut it off an retreived it. A small jelly like piece. So I think my anemone died. That thing has a real fan looking thing.
But I was hoping maybe he is damaged and somewhere in the tank. I think laybe hope is foolish here but I am hoping he is alive. A bta only about the size of a golf ball. Maybe a bit larger. Anyone have one live or show up alive after such an event?
 
I went to bed and my anemone was on a rock. I recently added a Maxijet 1200 for flow even though I knew it was dangerous. My Jebao Slw20 is in a QT tank and it has a guard. It is usually in the tank. I got up and saw something weird on the output of the wave maker. I shut it off an retreived it. A small jelly like piece. So I think my anemone died. That thing has a real fan looking thing.
But I was hoping maybe he is damaged and somewhere in the tank. I think laybe hope is foolish here but I am hoping he is alive. A bta only about the size of a golf ball. Maybe a bit larger. Anyone have one live or show up alive after such an event?
Pics
 
BTA's can survive from just a tiny piece of tissue. Put it somewhere safe it can get some low to moderate flow and keep an eye on it, you might be surprised.
 
Ok thanks for the replies. The chunk I found is in the tank somewhere. If it lives I don't know. Maybe a larger section is in there. I only found the one small piece on the powerhead. I haven't seen another piece or anything else of him. There was no discoloration in the water. No cloudiness.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new