Question about plumbing to the sump

  • Thread starter Thread starter booth2010
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

booth2010

Newb but eager to learn!
View Badges
Joined
Oct 20, 2013
Messages
904
Reaction score
143
Location
DeLand FL
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am doing a bean animal style drain. I would rather not glue the PVC into the sumps 2 drain lines. If I did not could that compromise the full siphon? If it would does anyone have any recommendations on how to plumb it? I mean I can but for some reason something in me is not wanting to permanently have the PVC glued in there. Maybe cause it's all new and shiny lol

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1434208130.794291.jpg
 
If your interest is to simply take it apart, why not use unions?
 
Yea I was thinking maybe I'll glue a piece in but maybe only 3" and have a union.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new