Question about Profilux AWC, ATO, and sensors

kpl_creations

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received my new Profilux 4. I have the AWC and ATO set up with 2 sensors, and the 3 switch ports.
I'm still trying to wrap my head around the programing/connecting side.

How do I set a level sensor ( 3rd sensor ) in my Saltwater tank to stop the AWC when the tank is empty?
Same for a 4th sensor in the ATO tank?
I would like them to stop the processes, alarm, and then wait till I clear the alarm ( make new saltwater, or RI/DO gets busy ).

I thought about just having the 3rd and 4th sensor control the appropriate switches for the pumps, and alarm, but I'm not sure if that would work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ditto @Vinny@GHLUSA
These guys can probably help
Here’s some threads on it too.
Also some online videos talk about set up.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I was at a remote customer site for a few days, just want to make sure I understand what your requesting.

llevel 3 is in your salt storage tank when it triggers stop awc from happening.

level 4 is in your ato storage tank and want it to stop both stop the ato and awc when it triggers?

OP
OP
kpl_creations

kpl_creations

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, that is correct. For the level4 sensor, if it only stops ato that would be fine, it doesn't have to stop awc.
And I'd like both to alarm.

Thanks!

MabuyaQ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You only need one level switch, if you run out of RODI or AWC saltwater the sump switch should trigger a low water level alarm and if the switch on either the RODI supply (or the AWC supply if you placed it in that supply) triggers an alarm you know it is the lack of RODI triggering the sump alarm (otherwise it is the AWC supply, and the other way around with the level switch in the AWC supply).
In both cases you need to switch of your return and fix the problem to prevent larger changes in salinity than necessary.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You would set the 3rd Sensor to ATO Sensor Only, and set the timer on it to be very low. And set it to low in your saltwater tank so when it triggers the system knows that the Saltwater tank is empty.

Saltwater Sensor inside the Saltwater Bin

1569750212996.png

This is going to trigger 1 Minute after it activates inside the Saltwater bin. (Do not check Reset the Error Automatically) you want it to trigger.

Your AWC is set up to use a timer. You would have set two switch ports on your Maxi one for Drain Water and one to Fill water. You will need to do advance program logic now, so it detects both the Drain Water, and the ATO Saltwater Bin detection.

Example:
1569750939490.png

You would want to do this on both the Drain and the Fill Water, and apply the new program logic one for drain and one for water on the switch ports you have your Maxi on now.

Upon doing this is should now only work when both the timer, and the Fill Water is not triggered. If it is triggered, it going to error and the water change should stop, and will remained stop until you reset the error manually.

For your ATO Bin, you would do the same thing :)

If you need additional steps please let me know, sorry again been at remote customer sites been one of those weeks :)

OP
OP
kpl_creations

kpl_creations

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much! I’m working on the power for the tank and then I will test this out.
Are there docs that describe the different operating modes, etc?

OP
OP
kpl_creations

kpl_creations

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You would set the 3rd Sensor to ATO Sensor Only, and set the timer on it to be very low. And set it to low in your saltwater tank so when it triggers the system knows that the Saltwater tank is empty.

Saltwater Sensor inside the Saltwater Bin

1569750212996.png

This is going to trigger 1 Minute after it activates inside the Saltwater bin. (Do not check Reset the Error Automatically) you want it to trigger.

Your AWC is set up to use a timer. You would have set two switch ports on your Maxi one for Drain Water and one to Fill water. You will need to do advance program logic now, so it detects both the Drain Water, and the ATO Saltwater Bin detection.

Example:
1569750939490.png

You would want to do this on both the Drain and the Fill Water, and apply the new program logic one for drain and one for water on the switch ports you have your Maxi on now.

Upon doing this is should now only work when both the timer, and the Fill Water is not triggered. If it is triggered, it going to error and the water change should stop, and will remained stop until you reset the error manually.

For your ATO Bin, you would do the same thing :)

If you need additional steps please let me know, sorry again been at remote customer sites been one of those weeks :)
Would it be possible for you to explain the Input 1 and Input 2 a little more? I have the sensors set up but I'm not sure what the 5 and 3 come from in your example/picture above.

It seems like those should be Level Sensors. If the Sump Low Sensor ( In my case Sensor #2 ) is floating ( Water hasn't reached the low mark yet ), AND the Saltwater Level Sensor ( In my case Sensor #3 ) is floating ( tank is full ), Then allow Switch Port #2 ( Power for saltwater tank pump ) to turn on as directed by the AWC/ATO setup.

I have Drain water pump connected to Switch port #1, Fill Saltwater to switch port #2, and Fill ATO on switch port #3.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the name/setting/whatever in the Programable Logic fields.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 43 21.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 149 72.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.9%
Back