Question about Sponge Filters

DuvalTilWeDie904

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 7, 2022
Messages
29
Reaction score
13
Location
Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I currently have a 75 gallon tank with two large hang on the back filters. Both filters have 2 sponge filters each (total of four)..

Do sponge filters contribute to the level of nitrates in the tank? I was told that I should remove them to decrease my nitrates. My nitrates run about 30ish. I was also told that my diamond goby is contributing to my nitrates as it "kicks them up".

I usually do a 25% water change every two weeks and I literally just started using Microbe Lift Special Blend two days ago. I have about 45-50 lbs (guessing) of rock and 80 lbs of sand.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new