Question about upgrading lights

Semper.Reefing

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 14, 2019
Messages
467
Reaction score
268
Location
Charleston, SC
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hello all! I finally decided to upgrade from 2 Kessil A160wes to 2 A360wes. I have these on a standard size Marineland 75gallon. My A160s light schedule would only peak to 55% intensity for a 6 hour period then ramp down. I was wondering if I should run my new A360wes on the same schedule or start them lower? My end goal is to have them slowly adjusted to 100% intensity.
 
I would start them lower, same brand but still more power coming out of them. Can I ask why you want to ramp up to 100%? does it need to be maxed out?
 
I guess I hav
I would start them lower, same brand but still more power coming out of them. Can I ask why you want to ramp up to 100%? does it need to be maxed out?
I guess I have no real reason. A lot of people I talk to run their kessils at 100% and their corals looks great. I’ll probably just adjust these a little lower and see how everything reacts. I’m just excited to have more power and better spread from the 360s.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new