Question about wrasse/ fin healing in general

Strangewaterchange

View Badges
Reaction score
I just got a halichoeres leucoxanthus wrasse in the mail today and it has a blemish/ chunk missing on its top fin. It's a juvenile, just wondering if that should heal up and return to normal under proper conditions or if it just stays that way even through the adult transition.

20210126_170555.jpg

SWEET 17 Live Sale!

Jay Hemdal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
If it doesn't get infected, that will heal in a week or two. It doesn't involve the base of the fin rays, so it is superficial. Take a look though, is it producing mucus feces? A little bit isn't a big issue, but keep an eye on it.

Jay

OP
Strangewaterchange

Strangewaterchange

View Badges
Reaction score
If it doesn't get infected, that will heal in a week or two. It doesn't involve the base of the fin rays, so it is superficial. Take a look though, is it producing mucus feces? A little bit isn't a big issue, but keep an eye on it.

Jay
Thanks so much for your reply! Very glad to hear that. I was also wondering about the stringy feces but I just looked and it is actually gone now, assuming that was maybe from shipping stress since I just unboxed it this morning

When is the last time you traded frags with someone either locally or via shipping service?

• Days ago

Votes: 56 11.7%
  • Weeks ago

Votes: 66 13.8%
  • Several months ago

Votes: 36 7.5%
  • Over 6 months

Votes: 12 2.5%
  • Over a year

Votes: 31 6.5%
  • Several years

Votes: 45 9.4%