Question about zoa's.

Dirtyvibe76

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 5, 2024
Messages
24
Reaction score
13
Location
Lansing
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1000022950.jpg
so I'm wondering if my zoa's are going to kill the coral it's growing on?
 
1000022950.jpg
so I'm wondering if my zoa's are going to kill the coral it's growing on?
Yes, definitely will. It got so bad in the past that I have to get natural predators to kill the Zoas. I used Sundial snails in the past (25 years ago). We (reefers) don't use much actinic back then so the Zoas were mostly dull brown ugly corals. They were killing my prized SPS. I wanted all the Zoa gone from my 420 gal reef. A few Sundial snails did it. It took a while to breed to a big enough population to overtake the Zoas, but a few years later, there was no more Zoa in my tank.
IMG_4922.jpeg

IMG_4925.jpeg
 
I’m beginning to regret the placement of a few ‘cute’ little Zoa frags I added to my tank. I’ve have replaced a couple of overgrown rocks to cut down on the population. I even have them on my back wall now.
 
Can I cut the coral out and place on a frag plug possibly. I don't want to loose the coral. There is another on the other side as well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new