Question for 8020 Stand Owners

Swim_Shady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All,

I am on the verge of ordering materials for an 8020 stand for my 125-gallon aquarium.

Design will be much like Framing Tech's latest concept (kit stand with mitered corner braces).

My tank is a rimmed tank but I plan to use a plywood top on the stand regardless.

For those that have T-slot stands, did you size your stand to the exact footprint of your tank, or did you oversize slightly? If you oversized, by how much?

I appreciate your feedback.

vtecintegra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sized mine exactly, 48" x 29". But my tank maker made the tank about a 1/4" shorter in both dimensions, which came out to an 1/8" around the entire perimeter.

OP
OP
Swim_Shady

Swim_Shady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sized mine exactly, 48" x 29". But my tank maker made the tank about a 1/4" shorter in both dimensions, which came out to an 1/8" around the entire perimeter.
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I appreciate it. I think I am going to allow 1/8" on all sides as well.

theatrus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I undersized mine by 1/2" roughly, as I was using wood for paneling and wanted a flush look. The top board still covers the entire tank dimension.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back