Question for that that have switched from ecosmart live to mobius

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings. I have 8 ecotech devices all running through a reeflink using ecosmart live. I've tried mobius in the past and didn't care for it. I'm considering trying it again on a single tank with 2 radions and one MP10. Reason being I feel that eventually ecosmart live may go away and I would like to be prepared and familiar with mobius if that does happen. My question is can I save my settings that have been applied using ESL and transfer them to mobius or do I have to start from scratch? TIA

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings. I have 8 ecotech devices all running through a reeflink using ecosmart live. I've tried mobius in the past and didn't care for it. I'm considering trying it again on a single tank with 2 radions and one MP10. Reason being I feel that eventually ecosmart live may go away and I would like to be prepared and familiar with mobius if that does happen. My question is can I save my settings that have been applied using ESL and transfer them to mobius or do I have to start from scratch? TIA
I doubt ESL will go away anytime soon. Maybe just no more firmware updates and support.

Look at the AI director....same principle and AI was even bought by ecotech and its still in use.

Mobius sucks for me cause i cant mess with anything unless in range of bluetooth.

My .02.

I dont know about importing settings from ESL to mobius...sorry!

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I would hang onto your ESL account until it no longer works.
I switched to all gen 5 and Mobius and really don't like it.
IMO Mobius is difficult to navigate compared to ESL.

I seriously doubt there is a way to import anything from ESL to Mobius.
One of the best things about the Radions when they came out was the ESL program.
IMO it was what separated them from the competition.

newreef1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt ESL will go away anytime soon. Maybe just no more firmware updates and support.

Look at the AI director....same principle and AI was even bought by ecotech and its still in use.

Mobius sucks for me cause i cant mess with anything unless in range of bluetooth.

My .02.

I dont know about importing settings from ESL to mobius...sorry!
Yes, Mobius is kind of a pain. My app keeps crashing, I have to open it a few times and then can make any changes. If ESL works fine why not stick with it, and eventually if you have to switch you can deal with the minor headaches later.

OP
OP
exnisstech

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would hang onto your ESL account until it no longer works.
I switched to all gen 5 and Mobius and really don't like it.
IMO Mobius is difficult to navigate compared to ESL.

I seriously doubt there is a way to import anything from ESL to Mobius.
One of the best things about the Radions when they came out was the ESL program.
IMO it was what separated them from the competition.
Thanks. Thats really what I should. I don't feel like setting everything up from scratch. I tried mobius twice and really hated both times. Not really sure why I even want to try it again. Self punishment maybe :zany-face:It's also the reason I bought nero pumps recently. I would have spent the money for vortechs as I have some any really like them but I didn't want to be forced to use mobius. If they shut down ESL at some poiny I'll probably just switch brands.
Edit : even tho the new nero are Bluetooth only and mobius compatible I still run them with the my ai app which I'm conformable using.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Thanks. Thats really what I should. I don't feel like setting everything up from scratch. I tried mobius twice and really hated both times. Not really sure why I even want to try it again. Self punishment maybe :zany-face:It's also the reason I bought nero pumps recently. I would have spent the money for vortechs as I have some any really like them but I didn't want to be forced to use mobius. If they shut down ESL at some poiny I'll probably just switch brands.
Edit : even tho the new nero are Bluetooth only and mobius compatible I still run them with the my ai app which I'm conformable using.
I only use Mobius to control my lights. Nothing else.
The Vectra pumps I use have their own controller and same with my Vortechs. For me they are set and forget.
I never really did much of anything in ESL, except when I had to do a manual time change twice a year, same with Mobius

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only use Mobius to control my lights. Nothing else.
The Vectra pumps I use have their own controller and same with my Vortechs. For me they are set and forget.
I never really did much of anything in ESL, except when I had to do a manual time change twice a year, same with Mobius
I had forgotten about mobius and deleted it from my phone for the reasons above but recently went to install an mp10 and couldnt get the controller to work correctly since the mobius settings were still locked into the controller.
I ended up redownloading mobius after all instead of resetting the controller to use locally only for the reason that i didnt want to deal with the over complicated dial/button controller programming for what i wanted to achieve.

Its great if you want to set and forget a mode and a limit but anything beyond that and i need to pull out the manual lol.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Interesting I didn't have to change time in ESL when we changed last weekend. Or. I'm not paying attention to my light schedule :thinking-face:
For me over the years I've had Radions ( since 2010) it's been hit or miss. Some years it was automatic, then for some years I had to go in and do it myself. Which usually just involved clicking on the time at the top of the page and usually had a prompt to set the time.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back