Question for the No water change gang

Beardo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am curious why those that went the path of no water changes chose to do so. What was it that made you start down this road? What specifically were/are you trying to accomplish by doing so? Were you successful? Is your tank better, worse or the same since you stopped water changes?
If your tank improved, is there any one thing you can point to as the reason?

I have always done regular water changes and most likely always will, I just enjoy it. But I do like to understand the different methodologies people employ and their reasoning for it. I think learning what others do can make us all more successful.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a period of 6 months in my Red Sea S650 were I didn’t do any water changes.

I was planning a new tank and sort of left it a month, then another month. To be honest the tank didn’t look any different and I was adding trace elements during this period as well.

So in answer to your question I sort of slipped into no water changes and thought well everything looks ok so......

I can see the argument both ways with modern equipment, but personally I went back to water changes but automated with DOS in both systems, because ‘long term’ I believe it’s the way to go. I do around 5% a week in total.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back