question: How many gph for a 75 gallon tank?

Crystal.Clear

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Helloo
can you guys help me pickup compact, quiet pump for my 75 galon reef tank? i wont able use the sump. using AIO box and limited space for return pump ( 5.3 x 3.93 inches)
looking for small and powerful pump. thanks

my pump 2.jpg

Potatohead

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
75g AIO I'd probably shoot for something around 4-500 gph, and with an AIO there is basically no head pressure. I'd probably do a Sicce 2.0 or maybe an Eheim compact.

OP
OP
Crystal.Clear

Crystal.Clear

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is maxi jet 1200 to low for this tank? also i have 2x Jebao SW-8

OP
OP
Crystal.Clear

Crystal.Clear

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
75g AIO I'd probably shoot for something around 4-500 gph, and with an AIO there is basically no head pressure. I'd probably do a Sicce 2.0 or maybe an Eheim compact.
checked the dimensions of Sicce. looks i can fit it in my box. should i get Sicce 2 or 3? cause they get bot same dimensions version 2 got (568 ghp) and version 3 ( 714hph) and almost same price.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be careful, as in my aio my Sicce and Eheim were noisy, a lot of vibration, some don’t have that issue.
I went for a Dc pump in the end and it’s a lot quieter, a jecod as I didn’t have a lot of options, space wise, but you’ll have a lot more options open to you.

OP
OP
Crystal.Clear

Crystal.Clear

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be careful, as in my aio my Sicce and Eheim were noisy, a lot of vibration, some don’t have that issue.
I went for a Dc pump in the end and it’s a lot quieter, a jecod as I didn’t have a lot of options, space wise, but you’ll have a lot more options open to you.
i would go with jecod but looks cant fit it in the box. may i ask which AIP box and pup you got?

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 47 41.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 10.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 32 28.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 20 17.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.8%
Back