Question on dosing with a UV light

ReefinDeej

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 16, 2024
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Seattle
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

First post on Reef2Reef!! I have been using this site for information for years but finally got around to registering ha!

For my RedSea Reefer 170, I have been dosing Reef Fusion Parts 1&2 to maintain my Alk/Calc/Mg into the small bubble trap baffle right before the return pump section. I use a Neptune Dos to gradually dose throughout the day.

A few days ago I installed an Aqua UV 15w sterilizer and have it plumbed so that it is fed by my return pump and and the outlet goes back to the display tank. I was curious if dosing so "close" to the UV would cause any problems to the quartz sleeve over time or have any other effects?

Thanks in advance for any insight. Hope everyone has a great day!!
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

A uv will not alter the alkalinity, calcium or magnesium in Seachem Reef Fusion.

Heat may cause local precipitation of calcium carbonate.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new