Question on RO/DI

iloveswfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i want to get a new ro/di can someone tell me what brand is good and how many stages. I have a 4 stage but i am having problems finding replaceement filters, i dont remember the brand on it so i am just going to buy a new one.

Kdocimo90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most RODI filters are universal. Don't waste your money on a new system. Bulkreefsupply.com sells them cheap.

Go with a sediment, carbon, and DI refill (assuming you have a reef tank).

Bryan47

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get the BRS one. Get the value one it is a 4 stage and is perfect. Comes with a pressure have and a built in tds for $199. They do occasionally have sales Black Friday it was $139.

vic67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i want to get a new ro/di can someone tell me what brand is good and how many stages. I have a 4 stage but i am having problems finding replaceement filters, i dont remember the brand on it so i am just going to buy a new one.

If it uses standard 10" filters you should be able to get replacements anywhere. You could also contact Bulk Reef Supply, Spectrapure, Buckeye Hydro or most hardware stores for filters.

mike007

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using Specturepure filters with great results. Don't go cheap on filters It Is not worth It. They also have ro di units at a reasonable price also.

phillrodrigo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The spectrapure refurb is the way to go. It's 139. It's pretty much brand new mine was in perfect shape when I got it. I went the first year with only changing the carbon and sediment.

mike007

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The spectrapure refurb is the way to go. It's 139. It's pretty much brand new mine was in perfect shape when I got it. I went the first year with only changing the carbon and sediment.
+1 me too.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 27.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%
Back