Question on RO/DI

iloveswfish

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 13, 2011
Messages
344
Reaction score
13
Location
connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i want to get a new ro/di can someone tell me what brand is good and how many stages. I have a 4 stage but i am having problems finding replaceement filters, i dont remember the brand on it so i am just going to buy a new one.
 
Most RODI filters are universal. Don't waste your money on a new system. Bulkreefsupply.com sells them cheap.

Go with a sediment, carbon, and DI refill (assuming you have a reef tank).
 
Get the BRS one. Get the value one it is a 4 stage and is perfect. Comes with a pressure have and a built in tds for $199. They do occasionally have sales Black Friday it was $139.
 
i want to get a new ro/di can someone tell me what brand is good and how many stages. I have a 4 stage but i am having problems finding replaceement filters, i dont remember the brand on it so i am just going to buy a new one.

If it uses standard 10" filters you should be able to get replacements anywhere. You could also contact Bulk Reef Supply, Spectrapure, Buckeye Hydro or most hardware stores for filters.
 
I have been using Specturepure filters with great results. Don't go cheap on filters It Is not worth It. They also have ro di units at a reasonable price also.
 
The spectrapure refurb is the way to go. It's 139. It's pretty much brand new mine was in perfect shape when I got it. I went the first year with only changing the carbon and sediment.
 
The spectrapure refurb is the way to go. It's 139. It's pretty much brand new mine was in perfect shape when I got it. I went the first year with only changing the carbon and sediment.
+1 me too.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new