Question regarding a sale I made through this forum. I want to be fair and do whats right but need input

christwendt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello Forum
I just want to post a story of a corral sale I made. I sold a Magic carpet shroom to a user on this forum. I stated the standard DOA and the corral made it to him but it looked stressed out. My problem is yes it was stressed but it made it alive and it's still alive in his tank almost two months later. He said the water smelled and it honestly does not look like the same corral as it doesn't have the colors. What do i do to make it fair? It seems the DOA is if its dead but its alive.. Just looks very different than the corral he thought he was going to get. Will the color come back? I just want to do whats fair and right. Here are pics from before I sent it, When he got it, and almost 2 months later. I admit it does not look like the picture of the corral I was selling but is this my fault? Should I give him a portion back if its still alive?

IMG_0536.jpeg IMG_0416.jpeg IMG_0537.JPG IMG_0534.JPG

OP
OP
C

christwendt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
He said it seemed to have melted away when he first got it and two months later it doesn't have the color.

saltyfins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Forum
I just want to post a story of a corral sale I made. I sold a Magic carpet shroom to a user on this forum. I stated the standard DOA and the corral made it to him but it looked stressed out. My problem is yes it was stressed but it made it alive and it's still alive in his tank almost two months later. He said the water smelled and it honestly does not look like the same corral as it doesn't have the colors. What do i do to make it fair? It seems the DOA is if its dead but its alive.. Just looks very different than the corral he thought he was going to get. Will the color come back? I just want to do whats fair and right. Here are pics from before I sent it, When he got it, and almost 2 months later. I admit it does not look like the picture of the corral I was selling but is this my fault? Should I give him a portion back if its still alive?

IMG_0536.jpeg IMG_0416.jpeg IMG_0537.JPG IMG_0534.JPG
it's been in their tank 2 months, and NOW it's a problem? I'm sorry... if I was that person, I'd know it's my issue, not yours.

OP
OP
C

christwendt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
it's been in their tank 2 months, and NOW it's a problem? I'm sorry... if I was that person, I'd know it's my issue, not yours.
No sorry we have been communicating about the issue. He has been very resilient and transparent. I just was giving it time to see if the color came back but it hasn't. I'm not sure what to do.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I truly wish I could go back to all my sellers and demand refunds back on all the shrooms ive melted! Id have to start another tank lol.
In all fairness. If there was a problem it should have been solved during the DOA allotted time. Yes some sellers are super cool and fair to extend policies and sounds like you have been.
2 months is 2 months.

Maybe offer buyer another one at discounted price?

saltyfins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No sorry we have been communicating about the issue. He has been very resilient and transparent. I just was giving it time to see if the color came back but it hasn't. I'm not sure what to do.
maybe the nutrient levels arent the same? Idk, when I was figuring this all out, my nitrates were 0. everything lost color. I started dosing them, and the colors came back actually, rather quickly. could it be something like that? flow? feeding?

OP
OP
C

christwendt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I truly need to see it in the bag sealed from when the box was opened, not after it was in the tank. Still alive 2 months out, no where near DOA.
Here it is when he opened the box. And the pic of it looking stressed in his tank is the next day. I know it's not dead its still alive but it has lost all it's color. Is that my problem or his?

Attachments

• IMG_0539.JPG
    IMG_0539.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 73

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here it is when he opened the box. And the pic of it looking stressed in his tank is the next day. I know it's not dead its still alive but it has lost all it's color. Is that my problem or his?
Sounds like an issue on their end.

saltyfins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
honestly his. You shipped what you had...stress may be a factor (remember, nothing happens fast, except for disasters) perhaps the stress caused it, from shipping, and it just has to really settle. ?

OP
OP
C

christwendt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah I truly wish I could go back to all my sellers and demand refunds back on all the shrooms ive melted! Id have to start another tank lol.
In all fairness. If there was a problem it should have been solved during the DOA allotted time. Yes some sellers are super cool and fair extend he policies like it sounds like you have been.
2 months is 2 months.

Maybe offer buyer another one at discounted price?
The issue is the DOA policy i stated wasn't in the right time because the corral has been alive. It just looked extremely stressed out at first. I honestly don't ever want to ship another corral again. It's not worth it to me and the shipping was so expensive. He paid a really good price for the shroom tho.

OP
OP
C

christwendt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
honestly his. You shipped what you had...stress may be a factor (remember, nothing happens fast, except for disasters) perhaps the stress caused it, from shipping, and it just has to really settle. ?
That's why I waited almost two months to make this post. Thank you for the input. I have tagged the buyer in this post so he can see what others say.

saltyfins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The issue is the DOA policy i stated wasn't in the right time because the corral has been alive. It just looked extremely stressed out at first. I honestly don't ever want to ship another corral again. It's not worth it to me and the shipping was so expensive. He paid a really good price for the shroom tho.
I'd just let it go, unless as mentioned, you felt like offering another. Yes, shipping is expensive. but if he wants to try another one, then I'd do it again.

saltyfins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand that but it looks nothing like the corral I sold him and the pictures. It has zero color in it now
so it's bleaching? what are his parameters? Lighting schedule? feeding schedule? I'm not sure, but I think that's just the way it happens sometimes. it's not dead, so it sounds bleached.... maybe I'm wrong.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right on. Really not your issue here I just got done looking at the picture. If that's stressed then idk what to call the globs of shroom jelly that have shown up detached and still made it in my system!
Its really not your problem.
If you can offer one at discounted price and buyer pays shipping. Do it. Really sounds like you want to be awesome and help buyer out but honestly its still alive after 2 months in buyers system it sounds and looks like buyer has an issue he needs to correct before shroom is lost.
That ones not gone yet.

CryptoNautical

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say there's too many variables at play. 2 months is a long time. Their husbandry maybe different, there lights maybe different, how much they feed, to even their water chemistry. I would treat it like any other coral company. DOA for 2 hour after shipping or its voided.

Now for the fact that they say it's another coral and that it arrived stressed. That could be down to the shipping and handling of the package.

Clearly you care about the customer to be posting a story on the subject, but as long as they received the coral you said you were going to sell them and it survived this long... I'd say it is out of your hands.

So many coral change color in a new tank at least a little. I wouldn't sweat it.

OP
OP
C

christwendt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
so it's bleaching? what are his parameters? Lighting schedule? feeding schedule? I'm not sure, but I think that's just the way it happens sometimes. it's not dead, so it sounds bleached.... maybe I'm wrong.
No idea of his params to be honest. I hope he chims in on this post.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 86 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 13 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back