Question regarding Lighting for Red Sea Nano 21

Tiger-Paws

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I am about to restart my Red Sea Nano 21 this coming weekend.

I have a standard 20 gal set up as a QT tank with 2 clowns and a tiny Yellow Tang in it. All are healthy.

I have my origial Prime HD light over that tank right now and my issue is that I will be keeping the QT tank up and running once the main tank is cycled and ready for the fish.

My question is should I go back to the Prime HD on the main tank and purchase a AquaMaxx NemoLight AquaMarine 24-36 Inch LED Fixture With Controller rated at 36 Watts?

or

Leave the Prime HD on the QT tank and purchase a Maxspect Ethereal 130w Aquarium LED Light and ICV6 Controller?

All suggestions and input are welcome.

OP
OP
Tiger-Paws

Tiger-Paws

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I made my decision and I purchased the Maxspect Ethereal 130w Aquarium LED Light and ICV6 Controller for the main tank and I will likely sell the Prime HD (on this forum or on ebay/craigs list and purchase a light better suited for a 24" long QT tank.

I originally wanted the Maxspect Ethereal 130w but went with the Prime HD which was a mistake. I have also decided to purchase and Apex Controller System within the next month or so after I get the Red Sea Nano 21 back up and running.

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! I don’t need one but would have considered a back up white one. To match the existing one if I ever upgraded tanks

OP
OP
Tiger-Paws

Tiger-Paws

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! I don’t need one but would have considered a back up white one. To match the existing one if I ever upgraded tanks
Ok! Well if you change your mind I will be selling it for the cost of a replacement, likely the AquaMaxx NemoLight AquaMarine 24-36 Inch LED Fixture With Controller - 36 Watts at $140.00, shipping included.

It will be a few weeks before I am ready to put it on the market.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 53 53.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.0%
Back