Question

scubadiva

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have tons of small little dot looking things a little bigger than a pin head on my, live rock, frag plugs and really most everything hard, in my 3 gallon tank. They are red in color and look almost like an infestion of my tiny red mushrooms. However, when I touch them with a skewer, they crawl like a worm.Would this be juvenile flatworms? This little tank is a pod haven and has a large peanut worm as well as several bristle worms in it. There are no fish, only 2 sexy shrimp. I am unable to post pictures. Your thoughts please. Thanks.

OP
OP
S

scubadiva

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I siphoned out most of them and will use Flatworm Exit when I pick it up at Below Sea Level tomorrow. I may also buy a tiny blue damsel if they have one. I hear they will eradicate flatworms.

OP
OP
S

scubadiva

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I discovered that I had some Flatworm Exit, however, it expired in 2010. After the siphoning I did Friday night, just as many had reapperaed. I went ahead and used 3 drops of it and presto, no more flatworms. My mushrooms crinkled up and my zoas closed but there seemed to be no problem with the sexy shrimp, hermit crabs of snails. I did do a 25% water change about an hour after using the flatworm exit. Everything is back to normal today with no signs of flatworms. I am a happy girl!!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 26.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 36.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back