Question

Pola0502ds

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, ive done 3 frag swaps since October and have 4 more this year as of right now. I have to form a company so i do it right because of the government; uncle sam, and because i want to. I want your opinion on a company name, which one? Premium Polyps or PolypHead?

I feel PolypHead is more creative, might be attractive to the younger crowd, i can do more with the logo. Premium Polyps to me seems more professional which is great and all but i just feel like its the easy way out, a simple name, unoriginal, etc..

Righy now I use Premium Polyps and the feedback has actually been really well received from customers and the people that are in my life daily.

I would appreciate your feedback.

Sorry for the boring post description, since our club forum is within the largest forum within our hobby I didnt want to attract too much attention.

5AC6CF88-1614-4C5E-A6A7-B07266B5D7BA.jpeg

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed on premium polyps, if you've already got customers under that name then it may get confusing (or seem shady, *cough aquariumdepot cough*) to change it. Plus i think it has a better ring to it;)

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed on premium polyps, if you've already got customers under that name then it may get confusing (or seem shady, *cough aquariumdepot cough*) to change it. Plus i think it has a better ring to it;)

The had a name change 0_o?

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Formerly reefs2go.

Edit: not to be confused with MARINE depot.

I’ve shopped Marine Depot and BRS. I have looked at AD but never liked the site. Funny to hear though.

-Zack

Wieloch89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like polyp head just for the marketing of it like you said. You could make a really cool graphic to add logos to t-shirts that would be fun to wear. You could always run your business under premium polyps and run your online business under polyp head and use that to reach the younger crowd on social media.

OP
OP
Pola0502ds

Pola0502ds

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the feedback. Deep down in my gut i always felt premium polyps should be the one i go with but for the reasons i mentioned i wanted to entertain the idea of PolypHead.

I have to say i could see some negativity going with PolyHead in that i could form the wrong image such as people associating it with potheads. I don’t have an opinion on that subject but i don’t want even the slightest amount of negativity.

I will not be at lear.

When you sign up to purchase a table and be a vendor you must be very quick to do so. These large swaps can sell out in a few hours or less once they go on sale and at the time i wasn’t really set on doing a bunch of swaps like i am now. So unfortunately i will not be attending but maybe as a spectator.

Ill be doing Toledo, Chicago, Lansing, Ann Harbor, and CSEA. Possibly more.

acer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like Weilocks idea- offically be "Premium polyps", but also use "Polyp-head" - its catchy, creative, easy to make a great graphic for ads, etc. I hope you will be at the Pittsburgh frag swap in the Spring of 2019.

OP
OP
Pola0502ds

Pola0502ds

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So there are plans for a pittsburgh swap planned? Is there a thread? I would love to help the club organize this event

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 30.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 26.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back