Questions about smatfarm light spread

blackwing013

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 22, 2022
Messages
21
Reaction score
1
Location
Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, after having my first tank for a while now, I am thinking of getting my first corals. I just ordered one of the smatfarm lights off of Amazon but I am not sure if one will be suitable for my tank. It is 30 gallons and I believe 36 x 12 dimensions. Would one light be enough or would I need 2?
 
Hello all, after having my first tank for a while now, I am thinking of getting my first corals. I just ordered one of the smatfarm lights off of Amazon but I am not sure if one will be suitable for my tank. It is 30 gallons and I believe 36 x 12 dimensions. Would one light be enough or would I need 2?
Have a link to the specific lights?
 
To clarify, I won’t be keeping any hard corals, maybe just a few softies and a few lps
 
Amazon says rated for length of 20-28" if you're going to have softies only one will be sufficient
 
lps are also stony coral, just large polyp, they do require a bit more light than a zoa will, but still should be ok, just place lps higher in the tank
 
lps are also stony coral, just large polyp, they do require a bit more light than a zoa will, but still should be ok, just place lps higher in the tank
Thanks! I didn’t realize how that sentence was conveyed but in saying hard corals, I meant hard to keep, not hard physically. Thanks again for the help though!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new