Questions about snowflake eels

lel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 55 gallon aquarium currently stocked with 2x clownfish, 2x dartfish, yellow watchman goby paired with pistol shrimp ,and a boxer shrimp. I want to ask about compatibility with the snowflake eel because I heard they eat crustaceans and anything that fits in their mouth.

spielco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a 55 gallon aquarium currently stocked with 2x clownfish, 2x dartfish, yellow watchman goby paired with pistol shrimp ,and a boxer shrimp. I want to ask about compatibility with the snowflake eel because I heard they eat crustaceans and anything that fits in their mouth.

I’ve got a large snowflake in my 55g he’s been with mostly smaller fish. He’s normally only dangerous around feeding time. If done wrong he will take out whats close to his meal. I hand feed silvers to him to try and save from issues.

Attachments

• IMG_1519.jpeg
    IMG_1519.jpeg
    248.6 KB · Views: 28

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My snowflake is a very good girl. Shes in my 125 with a jeweled eel as well. I will say she is way more active in swimming than the jeweled. I have not had an issue with her eating my fish but they are all too large. I have a midas blenny, hawkfish and 2 mandarins in the tank that she doesnt bother but thats just how she is. You could get one that goes nuts and eats them. Depends on the specific eel you get. If you get one just know that there is a risk that they will eat your fish, maybe not right away or down the line. I took the risk with mine as they were in there prior to the eels (except the hawk). @lion king is a good person to ask too

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 143 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.3%
Back