Questions on RODI Buddy

SeaHorseQueen

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 18, 2022
Messages
442
Reaction score
192
Location
Fort Wayne
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I finally invested in an RODI Buddy and started to read the directions. I have city water that is treated with sediments and chloramines as it runs off a river. According to the directions, I have to invest in another piece of the system to filter out chloramines and sediments. I'm not able to mess with the apartment's plumbing at all but I can use the RODI Buddy as it's very temporary. Will it actually destroy the membrane of the system or is there another way to bypass this? Once completely hooked up, how long should I let the line bleed before I actually can use the water?
 
Hi there :)

I have the same system that you do!
You should get the DI cartridge as it removes unwanted chemicals/nutrients that you don't want in your tank. I've been running it now for about 3 months and i'm still getting 0 tds water. although how much mileage you will get will depend on the TDS of your tap water.
 
Get a chloramine reducing carbon filter for your carbon portion of the ro/di. That will help.
 
Hi there :)

I have the same system that you do!
You should get the DI cartridge as it removes unwanted chemicals/nutrients that you don't want in your tank. I've been running it now for about 3 months and i'm still getting 0 tds water. although how much mileage you will get will depend on the TDS of your tap water.
I do have the DI cartridge. :)
 
Get a chloramine reducing carbon filter for your carbon portion of the ro/di. That will help.
Thank you. That confirmed what I was wondering. Do you know how long to wait before collecting the good water once starting it?
 
Don’t know if there is a hard and fast rule. First time I ever ran my RODI I let it do about a gallon of water before I started collecting. Now when I run it, I let it run for like 30 seconds or so before I start collecting.

As long as your out put is reading 0 TDS (assuming you have an inline TDS to confirm), can probably start collecting right away
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 25 29.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 13.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new