Questions

MSB123

Someone out there put something smart here.
View Badges
Joined
Aug 11, 2017
Messages
3,487
Reaction score
3,321
Location
Santa Barbara, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I recently bought a few things to boost my fuge from liveaquaria. Im wondering if I have to rinse/ qt this stuff-
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/...gae-aquacultured?pcatid=1127&c=3468+2190+1127

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/2792/live-adult-brine-shrimp?pcatid=2792&c=3468+2190+2792

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/2401/chaetomorpha-algae-aquacultured?pcatid=2401&c=3468+2190+2401

(the brine are for an idea of mine, im going to try to grow them in my "algae reactor" https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/pods-and-“homemade”-algae-scrubber.341229/)
Questions:
1.) Do i have to QT the Brine before dumping them in?
2.) Are the brine a good idea? One that might succeed? :)
3.) should I rinse the algae?
 
No OT'ing, no rinsing. I'm not a brine shrimp feeder, so I can't comment about that. Do you have fish that are brine shrimp eaters?
 
All my fish love them- i feed frozen alot and im hoping that the brine will get fat on the pods and algae and other bits in there and then get swept away and get eaten :) I might try to add a few to my tank after lights out in the DT and see how that goes
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new