Quick - Accidentally received TWO Juvi Dusky Wrasses

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Though it sounds correct - my guess is that it would be a very very rare occurrence
I already deleted those unhappy photos, but my first leopard order arrived alive, but slack-jaw with it hanging to the left. She couldn't close her mouth and died mid-way through acclimation. The second pair that were sent, one in bag only and one in sand, arrived with the sand-bagged one alive and the other DOA. I didn't inspect that one too closely for jaw damage. Might not be all that rare, but I don't know.

OP
OP
Brit’s Fish

Brit’s Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I already deleted those unhappy photos, but my first leopard order arrived alive, but slack-jaw with it hanging to the left. She couldn't close her mouth and died mid-way through acclimation. The second pair that were sent, one in bag only and one in sand, arrived with the sand-bagged one alive and the other DOA. I didn't inspect that one too closely for jaw damage. Might not be all that rare, but I don't know.
I’m sorry that you had a bad experience with your fish as well. I did notice that both of them had whitish mouths/lips and they did look abnormal to me but I have seen photos that look somewhat similar. The fish that was struggling when I first started acclimating them did seem to have a spinal injury based on the way it was acting but it could have still just been stress.

I called the vendor today (I hate to keep saying the name because I don’t want to seem like I’m just bashing them) and the response was, “yeah, those fish don’t ship well so I send two just in case.” That just brings me back to my original point of wishing I knew ahead of time - I would not have ordered the fish. I’m not new to wrasses and I should have known better but for some reason, I didn’t think about the shipping portion when considering buying a pre-QTed fish. Any disclaimer anywhere along the way and I would not have ordered. In the end, I was offered store credit or to have another fish shipped out to me. I definitely did not want to risk another fish’s life and I’m not sure what I’ll do with the store credit either at this point.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 62 32.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 50 26.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 40 20.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 38 19.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back