Quick - Accidentally received TWO Juvi Dusky Wrasses

Though it sounds correct - my guess is that it would be a very very rare occurrence
I already deleted those unhappy photos, but my first leopard order arrived alive, but slack-jaw with it hanging to the left. She couldn't close her mouth and died mid-way through acclimation. The second pair that were sent, one in bag only and one in sand, arrived with the sand-bagged one alive and the other DOA. I didn't inspect that one too closely for jaw damage. Might not be all that rare, but I don't know.
 
I already deleted those unhappy photos, but my first leopard order arrived alive, but slack-jaw with it hanging to the left. She couldn't close her mouth and died mid-way through acclimation. The second pair that were sent, one in bag only and one in sand, arrived with the sand-bagged one alive and the other DOA. I didn't inspect that one too closely for jaw damage. Might not be all that rare, but I don't know.
I’m sorry that you had a bad experience with your fish as well. I did notice that both of them had whitish mouths/lips and they did look abnormal to me but I have seen photos that look somewhat similar. The fish that was struggling when I first started acclimating them did seem to have a spinal injury based on the way it was acting but it could have still just been stress.

I called the vendor today (I hate to keep saying the name because I don’t want to seem like I’m just bashing them) and the response was, “yeah, those fish don’t ship well so I send two just in case.” That just brings me back to my original point of wishing I knew ahead of time - I would not have ordered the fish. I’m not new to wrasses and I should have known better but for some reason, I didn’t think about the shipping portion when considering buying a pre-QTed fish. Any disclaimer anywhere along the way and I would not have ordered. In the end, I was offered store credit or to have another fish shipped out to me. I definitely did not want to risk another fish’s life and I’m not sure what I’ll do with the store credit either at this point.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new