Quick Question: AI Prime vs Blackbox

FishDoji

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 23, 2020
Messages
24
Reaction score
10
Location
Dallas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question: I can get an AI prime HD with gooseneck used for $135 or for the same price a viparspectra black box 165W. My tank is a 40g 30”x18”x18”.

Im only looking to grow some softies and Zoas in the future. Would 1 AI prime HD be enough? I know it isn’t optimal, but could it work?
 
I know AI prime has a recommended coverage of 18”x18” while the blackbox has a bigger surface area. But if we are just going to have some corals in the middle of the tank, would 1 AI be enough?
 
You’ll need to mount the black box in the stratosphere to get even spread on a tank that size
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new