Quick question..

Hozat24

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello does anyone know if its possible to mix different types of anthias? Ex. Lyretail with Barletts

huckjai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it would also depend on the size of the tank and how many of each type you're looking to add.

Baldguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had three or four of each and there were no issues. My tank was 120g.

Haydn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it is possible to mix Anthias species, I have groups of Lyretail, Ignitus, Resplendent, Sunset, Evensii and Bimaculatus living together with minimum aggression issues. However, the two species you have mentioned are arguably the more aggressive members of the anthias group, but the size of the tank and numbers of each are important considerations.

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on the species and the individuals involved. Bartlett and lyretails are more robust and can handle each other better, in terms of their assertive nature, however bartletts and have a reputation of all turning male and killing each other. I have 3 lyretails, 2 red saddle and 2 randalls anthias and they all get along well, and the lyretails were the first added and never posed any issues interms of killing the more timid species i have by being too assertive but it does depend aswell to an extent than the individuals involved. Typically mixing anthias with the same subgenus works, like the franzia genus containing lyretails and huchtii being the most agressive members of the anthids and the mibraulichthys being more peaceful and easier to mix as a general rule, so species like dispar and randalls

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 66 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 59 31.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back