Quiet water pump options for Biocube 29?

Sue_Rob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. My water pump went out and I replaced it with a Coralife pump and it is incredibly noisy. Returned it for a second pump and while it's better, it's still much noisier than my original Biocube pump. Does anyone have suggestions for quiet options? Thank you so much!

melonheadorion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. My water pump went out and I replaced it with a Coralife pump and it is incredibly noisy. Returned it for a second pump and while it's better, it's still much noisier than my original Biocube pump. Does anyone have suggestions for quiet options? Thank you so much!
i have the jebao DCP 5000, and dont hear it one bit. in fact water returning to the sump makes more noise than this pump, and that isnt all that much at all. this particular model is probably more than you would need, but ive heard from other users, that they are super quiet. not sure if they are overkill for your setup or not, but worth something to look at

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 32.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back