R2R "Dark Theme" - Missed It - Love It!!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fish Fan
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Vodka Dosing Dip for the Reefer?

Saurian Brandy

​

Ingredients:​

Mixing instructions:​

Put orange rind in a half-pint jar with 1/4 cup vodka. Seal it and shake occasionally. Let it steep overnight. -- Pour sugar and 1 2/3 cups vodka into a 28 ounce bottle. Seal it and shake until all the sugar is dissolved, then add the maple syrup. -- Filter the orange extract through a fine handkerchief or coffee filter until it becomes clear. -- Add a tablespoon of the final extract to the vodka syrup mixture and mix well. If your orange peels are much more or less aromatic than average, adjust the quantity so that you have enough to hide the maple flavor, without having enough to make the liqueur bitter or recognizably orange flavored.

Creator/contributor's comments:​

The recipe comes from the 'Official Star Trek Cooking Manual' (Bantam Books 1978) by Mary Ann Piccard, but not even Paramount will acknowledge it anymore.

https://www.webtender.com/db/drink/5090#google_vignette
Fish Lightbulb GIF
I'm a Star Trek fan, but I wouldn't touch that concoction lol!

EDIT: I do wonder how may people here know that "Saurian Brandy" is a fictional drink ;-) Maybe I should change that lol!

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Saurian_brandy
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new