R2R....my Reefing Safe Haven

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2006
Messages
54,871
Reaction score
122,518
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do any of you ever try to talk reef on other platforms and social media?

I’m not saying this because I own Reef2Reef but man....it’s a jungle out there!! It’s truly rough! I just browsed a topic “somewhere” and people are rough!

It’s nice to have a place where we mostly get along and are civil 99% of the time!! Ha!

R2R....my Reefing Safe Haven!
 
I don't because it goes way over their head. Most people are like, WHAT, and think its a waist of money and time. Surprisingly, one of my biggest supporters is my mom, whom I love dearly. I told her that I started this hobby thinking she would think its a waist of money, and no, she was actually and totally supportive of my hobby. I was totally surprised as my mom is a very practical person. I have, even as I grew older, leaned on her for knowledge and she was all for it.
 
I'm on a few FB groups and honestly folks can be pretty mean... mods don't help much either :( I have found few bright spots and typically stick to groups where I've made friends and people are lighthearted!

Hence why I spend large amounts of time in my R2R anemone, always great folks here and @revhtree and crew runs a good clean forum. Us reefers gotta stick together!!!

giphy.gif
 
I'm on a few FB groups and honestly folks can be pretty mean... mods don't help much either :( I have found few bright spots and typically stick to groups where I've made friends and people are lighthearted!

Hence why I spend large amounts of time in my R2R anemone, always great folks here and @revhtree and crew runs a good clean forum. Us reefers gotta stick together!!!

Totally agree. I left the Facebook groups because they were SUPER mean. It was awful.
 
My wife likes the social media stuff. Even started a Facebook and Instagram account. I keep telling her just sign up on R2R but maybe I don't want her to deep down inside because I know she's always going to be trying to one up me lol.
Far as other reefing forums go.
R2R is the only place for me and She can keep the social media stuff :)
 
I use no social media for a whole lot of reasons. This is a safe haven for me as well. Then, reef2reef uses giveaways to cause posts on multiple social media sites for a chance to win. I find this sad.
 
One saltwater platform is enough for me to be happy! Why go to the competition when mods here are great, and respectful!

I would say there’s a lot less issues here rather then other platforms. Most aren’t mod controlled, if they are, they don’t want to get in the middle of anything when something goes wrong.
 
Totally agree. I left the Facebook groups because they were SUPER mean. It was awful.
It's okay @esther you have a huge support group here :) We got you ;)
 
Not worth the trouble- Strictly confident with R2R information and resources.
 
I came here because other forums were so horrible.

I wish I had found this one first :D

Spread the word! lol

Honestly without this Forum I probably would've eventually given up reefing the second time around and never come back. I'm Glad I didn't.
 
Last edited:
My wife likes the social media stuff. Even started a Facebook and Instagram account. I keep telling her just sign up on R2R but maybe I don't want her to deep down inside because I know she's always going to be trying to one up me lol.
Far as other reefing forums go.
R2R is the only place for me and She can keep the social media stuff :)
LOL... Well I definitely found some good folks on here @LRT is definitely one of them! I can't say enough good things about the folks I've met here. All willing to chip in and help... I mean why shop anywhere else when you have the reefing superstore right here.
 
The very recent aquamaxx ouritech giveaway was where I was going with that.
 
LOL... Well I definitely found some good folks on here @LRT is definitely one of them! I can't say enough good things about the folks I've met here. All willing to chip in and help... I mean why shop anywhere else when you have the reefing superstore right here.
True dat lol no possible way I could keep up with anything else and no need to. I'm here more than im home because I can be here when I'm at work. The wife does get a little jelly in refference to calling my corals my girlfriends now hahaha.
Can't imagine being part of another forum. :)
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 22.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new