R2R Reef of the Month Spotlight: Rob's 300g Deep Dimension - January 2018

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RR Wolverine, and RR Pink Floyd. Don't believe I used a filter on that pic, I did use a filter on the WD top down pic.

B+
B+
B+
C+
C+
B+
B+
B+
Thank you for sharing! Simply stunning tank Robert! You should be proud of your masterpiece!

dricc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've never really cared too much for sps but your tank made me change my mind. Unbelievable!!!Wow!!! If you could only choose three of your sps which would you choose. Thanks and again Amazing!!!

Robs Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never really cared too much for sps but your tank made me change my mind. Unbelievable!!!Wow!!! If you could only choose three of your sps which would you choose. Thanks and again Amazing!!!
Thank You!!

Would be
Bali Green Slimer
Fox Flame
Efflorescens

Robs Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@robert s b. , maybe I didn't quite grasp it from your lighting section, but would you mind elaborating on which types of ATI bulbs you are using in the 8x80W power module? Thx!
B+
B+
B+
C+
C+
B+
B+
B+

Sitting roughly about 8" above the water line

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stunning tank Robert and congratulations!

I love the fact that your Nitrate Test says ‘never check’. The eye can I tell a great deal if something is working or not, and yours is spot on!

Beautiful.....

Duane Clark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is art. Thanks for sharing. I agree that there are a lot of frag tanks out there as opposed to full reef tanks. I hope to get my little 14 nano to be just a small fraction of what you have done.

CoralCache

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing tank. We started around the same time. It was so tough back then.

I am with you on the books and I really wish more people would sit down with one although the net is a great place to learn as well.

Robs Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stunning tank Robert and congratulations!

I love the fact that your Nitrate Test says ‘never check’. The eye can I tell a great deal if something is working or not, and yours is spot on!

Beautiful.....
Thank You! Just develop a second sight and get in tuned with the tank. If you know what I mean. Just keep doing the maintenance like clock work. Best advise I can give is to not chase numbers, it just leads to more problems. Just let the occupants in the tank adapt to the environment you provide and everything will fall into place

Robs Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is art. Thanks for sharing. I agree that there are a lot of frag tanks out there as opposed to full reef tanks. I hope to get my little 14 nano to be just a small fraction of what you have done.
Thank You! Nothing wrong with the frag tank, but I believe they get into the hobby for momentary reasons and not develop the love and education to sustain a reef tank. Maybe money drives them, because corals is big business. For me I learned the hobby and fell in love. Was into the hobby 14 yrs until I sold my first frag.

Robs Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing tank. We started around the same time. It was so tough back then.

I am with you on the books and I really wish more people would sit down with one although the net is a great place to learn as well.
Yes, alot have changed. Especially with social media, like Facebook. But I think it's great

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely stunning;)

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 33 30.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 22.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back