R2R Secret Santa 2016 Gift Exchange Pics

SandJ

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, my daughter Valerie received yet another gift from her awesome Secret Santa (Mike_J). She was overwhelmed by his generosity (as was I). It arrived Christmas Eve, so I wrapped it for her to open Christmas Day.

RIMG1449 copy.jpeg

In case it is not clear, that is a Gift Certificate for $150 to her favorite coral store :eek:

Here are her other gifts she received also.

Art supplies
IMG_2076.JPG
Izzy the Isopod

IMG_2144.JPG

Ring

0D5C3B2F-AC8E-4913-85CB-64C1B58D2DCA.JPG

Mike_J

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do believe that everyone at this point has received their SS packages. Woot! :) I'd say that this was a huge success overall and appreciation goes out to each participant for making this so much fun. However, I cannot post this without mentioning Phillip and Helen who spearheaded this from the start and without whom this never would have happened. Although it is bitter sweet that they were not with us at the end, we respect, admire and most certainly appreciate all that they have accomplished with SS and beyond. THANK YOU! Words cannot fully express our gratitude. With that said, thanks again to every one of you. Best wishes to all for a happy, healthy and prosperous new year and may that also be reflected within your tanks! Happy New Year y'all! :D

Last edited:

bump3rb33tl3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do believe that everyone at this point has received their SS packages. Woot! :) I'd say that this was a huge success overall and appreciation goes out to each participant for making this so much fun. However, I cannot post this without mentioning Phillip and Helen who spearheaded this from the start and without whom this never would have happened. Although it is bitter sweet that they were not with us at the end, we respect, admire and most certainly appreciate all that they have accomplished with SS and beyond. THANK YOU! Words cannot fully express our gratitude. With that said, thanks again to every one of you and best wishes to all for a happy, healthy and prosperous new year and may that also be reflected within your tanks! Happy New Year y'all! :D
Couldn't have said it better myself! Happy New Year everyone and thank you all for making this such an awesome adventure!

bump3rb33tl3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My daughter, Valerie, received another gift. A bottle of Phytoplankton! She immediately opened it and fed her Christmas Tree Worms :0)

Thank you!
Sounds like Valerie has a pretty awesome SS! I love Christmas Tree worms! I've been trying to find some but my lfs's of choice are out :-( I know they would special order if I asked, I was just hoping to avoid waiting lol!

SandJ

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like Valerie has a pretty awesome SS! I love Christmas Tree worms! I've been trying to find some but my lfs's of choice are out :-( I know they would special order if I asked, I was just hoping to avoid waiting lol!

We have not found them very often in our LFS, in fact I think the store just received one order of them. We bought the last colony.

The Christmas tree worms are so cool but I don't think I have ever seen anyone can keep these for a long time....They just die after a short time (a few months) right?

Yes, I think they have very specific needs. My daughter researched them a lot when she first seen them in the store. When we went back they had one colony left and she got it. I think she has had them close to a year. They have grown and I think a few new ones have developed. I do know that when you feed them, you do so from the bottom because they filter out of the water from the bottom up.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We have not found them very often in our LFS, in fact I think the store just received one order of them. We bought the last colony.

Yes, I think they have very specific needs. My daughter researched them a lot when she first seen them in the store. When we went back they had one colony left and she got it. I think she has had them close to a year. They have grown and I think a few new ones have developed. I do know that when you feed them, you do so from the bottom because they filter out of the water from the bottom up.
That's pretty awesome!! Most people have difficulty keeping them, and it sounds like she has them thriving!! Great work!

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 28 21.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 95 73.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.8%
Back