Radion acclimation mode

lushuk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, can anyone clarify how the acclimation setting works, my light are on 35% i want to increase the intensity to 50% over 6 weeks, its the function of the "starting intensity" im questioning, if i set it to 35% is that the overall intensity it will start at or is it 35% of 35%, many thanks for clarification! :)

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In acclimation mode, starting intensities reduce the final number by percentage which you set. so in your case 35% of 35

OP
OP
L

lushuk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your reply, excuse my maths so I’m currently at 35% and want to increase it to 50% over 6 weeks so what would my starting intensity need to be to continue from 35%, thank you

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you will set your lights under normal programming at 50% intensities on all color or however you like them to be (final number) after acclimation is over. then goto acclimation mode and set starting intensities at 65% reduction.

Chief Reef Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
would anyone like to help me out as well. Would like to raise my intensity to 35%. I have it running on 20% right now, what would be my stratring intensity? And would i put the overall intensity at? anything is appreciated.

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump. My schedule is 50% and my acclimation is 50% for 30 days.

does that mean that my schedule starts at 25% then slowly work it’s way up to 50%?

jaime31

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so i called eco tech and asked them this very question. I don’t feel like anybody is giving a clear straight forward answer so I’m gonna try to break it down as simple as possible. I’ll use my setup for example.

I have my max intensity at 60% and I want to raise it to 80% over the course of 30 days. So in order to do that you have to set the “start intensity” a little lower to try and match what you’re currently running at the moment. Because 100% would mean that you’re gonna start at the percentage that you’re trying to slowly work your way up to(80%). I’m no math wizard So in my case to be on the safe side I’m gonna put it to 60%.

Also having a par meter would help to see what numbers you have before and after you start the acclimation. This would avoid any shock to the corals

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 35 30.7%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 41 36.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back