Radion eb832 outlets with wxm

Brockly

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry if this is wildly known, but I plugged my xr30s into the eb832. When I connected my wxm and configured, it added two radion switches itself thst have all the controls. But I still have the 2 standard outlets toggles as well.

Do people plug them into the Eb832 and deal with 4 controls if you have 2 lights for example. Or do people use a standard house wall plug

RussM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t plug Radion (or Vortech) power supplies into an EnergyBar. Radions and Vortechs should be powered on all the time. You can make them go off (no LED output/no pump movement) using the WXM, and without shutting off their power supplies. Shutting them off using an EnergyBar outlet also causes a “Missing” error to be displayed on the dashboard.

It’s also a waste of the EB outlet that could better be used for some other useful purpose.

If you do opt to use an EB outlet, name it something like RadionPower to clearly differentiate it from the WXM output. And if you do, it MUST be programmed to be always on, like this:

Fallback ON
Set ON

And nothing else. ALL other programming should be done in the Radion or Vortech output created when you attach/pair those devices with the WXM.

Last edited:

panui22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually never thought about this and have all 3 of my Radion’s plugged into my EB and still control them through my WXM. Thanks for this post its simple and makes so much sense but i didn’t even think about it. Moving them to my DJ power outlet now.

OP
OP
Brockly

Brockly

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. That is what I did with the eb832 plugs but it did seam like a waste of two slots. I will move them off and just give them wall power

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back