Radion G3Pro lights will last...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

lyrical

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious what the LED lights are rated to last at? Like how long? Thanks! Thinking about purchasing some for my tank due to the good customer service I received with my pumps :)

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Radions are rated for between the 5 and 10 years give and take.
Now that said it's a large # between but it all depends the % of intensity you run it and the photo period your run it at.
It's for every tank different, SPS lovers will run it higher than LPS/softies, even a mixed tank still runs a bit lower than a full SPS tank.
In your case knowing what kind of tank you want they will last more than 5 years, I would even say close to 10 years.
Of course when there's a new version coming out, like a Pro 4 most hobbyist attend to upgrade with in a year or so.
Your choice on the radions is solid and you'll like them.

eg8r210

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What they are rated to run at and what actually happens are never the same. As Diesel said, every tank will be different, depends on how you use the light. What the mfg's also never tell you is that even though there will still be light coming out of the LED in 5-10 years (if you are lucky) it will not be the exact same light as it was producing when new. Like all the other lights on the market, LEDs will also degrade over time. Like ifarmer said, you will probably switch to another light sooner than this LED becomes unusable.

OP
OP
lyrical

lyrical

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the input guys :) Why do you say I will be switching to another light? Do you mean because it's not a good light, or that the technology in 5 years would be worth the upgrade?

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the input guys :) Why do you say I will be switching to another light? Do you mean because it's not a good light, or that the technology in 5 years would be worth the upgrade?
That it will be worth upgrading by that time.

OP
OP
lyrical

lyrical

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I think that's probably true. If they get me through 5 years I would be happy with that :) Thanks!

jasonandsarah

Sticks, sticks and more STICKS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think he's a T5 guy
Meme 8398.jpg

GnarleyMarley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a Gen1 Radion when they shortly after they came out in 2011, and ran it on my sps tank (at 100% intensity) until this past April at which time I spent 175 to upgrade it to Gen 3 :) I did not upgrade because I needed to, I just wanted the UV bulbs which were not included in the original Gen1.

Before running radions I ran an 8 bulb t5 (ATI) and spent about 175 every year on bulb replacements. And while there is a lot of debate I will say in my personal experience I have had much better growth and color with my radions than I ever had with the t5. I for one will never go back :) Radion for life!!!!!!

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
A lot of people in this hobby also like the newest gadgets on the market so the need to upgrade is part of their hobby.

SifuMemphis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The good thing about Radion is... if you buy the G3, and a G4 comes out, they offer upgrade programs that will allow you to upgrade your current G3 to G4 for a little cost, instead of buying a whole new fixture.

mrtian97

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am buying used G3 Radion XR30W, any advice on potential issues for buying used?
Thanks

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check the intensity brakes and the AC fans but for the rest you shouldn't have a problem with it :)

Back