Radion g4/g6 pro intensity

BriansBrain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve decided to do a reboot of my tank and add new radion G6 pros to my G4 pros over my tank. I know they’re different lights basically with spectrum and spread. I’ve always ran the G4 lights on AB + and decided to do the same with the G6.

I called Ecotech to see if the AB+ is basically the same settings because it hasn’t seemed to change in years, even with such new technology. I was told to run the G6 pros with more white light to get the full par benefit, but they wouldn’t give me a specific number or even range. Just “every tank is different and make adjustments on your own according to the coral’s reaction”.

Seems ridiculous that a company can consciously release a product without enough research and development to pass on to their customers that spent thousands to keep our animals happy and healthy.

Suggestions would be awesome how you run the G6 pro and even better if you have g4 and g6!
9AAF0FEE-DB80-49F3-9987-C30C0883B1DC.jpeg

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AB+ is really geared towards the Blues (at least that's my understanding). First and foremost, if you're moving to Radion G6 XR15s you're only going to need 4 (they have a much wider spread and higher intensity than the G4 XR15s). Second, if you'd like - I'm happy to share my custom Radion G5/G6 schedule (based on the "radiance" template) - just drop me a PM and I'll post it for you.

chinkle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AB+ is really geared towards the Blues (at least that's my understanding). First and foremost, if you're moving to Radion G6 XR15s you're only going to need 4 (they have a much wider spread and higher intensity than the G4 XR15s). Second, if you'd like - I'm happy to share my custom Radion G5/G6 schedule (based on the "radiance" template) - just drop me a PM and I'll post it for you.
I have a red sea reefer 450 xl...display is advertised as 88 gallons. I am running 2 XR15 G6 Pro's. Mixed tank and I have been running the mixed tank template with fair to good results with my LPS but not so great with the monti and acro and I have those at the top. Just switched over to the AB+ template but the PAR increase was better but not that much better. I am wondering if I have enough light for my tank, if I should augment or upgrade but non the less would be interested in looking at your custom schedule. According to my Apogee I'm getting 125-130 near the top 85-90 middle and 50-70 bottom.

acrojunkie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve decided to do a reboot of my tank and add new radion G6 pros to my G4 pros over my tank. I know they’re different lights basically with spectrum and spread. I’ve always ran the G4 lights on AB + and decided to do the same with the G6.

I called Ecotech to see if the AB+ is basically the same settings because it hasn’t seemed to change in years, even with such new technology. I was told to run the G6 pros with more white light to get the full par benefit, but they wouldn’t give me a specific number or even range. Just “every tank is different and make adjustments on your own according to the coral’s reaction”.

Seems ridiculous that a company can consciously release a product without enough research and development to pass on to their customers that spent thousands to keep our animals happy and healthy.

Suggestions would be awesome how you run the G6 pro and even better if you have g4 and g6!
It seems Ecotech has forgot what made them a desirable brand and successful. I have had a bad run of parts from them lately. Best bet would probably be to adjust the colors close to the G4, check par and roll on.

agREEFs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

G6 AB+ does great for me. Highly recommend. I notice you have no sand I am wondering if it’s beneficial or not? Just for my knowledge. I don’t know that’s why I am asking.

Hurricane Aquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
G6 AB+ does great for me. Highly recommend. I notice you have no sand I am wondering if it’s beneficial or not? Just for my knowledge. I don’t know that’s why I am asking.
Yes it's beneficial for startup and bacteria. Some who are running Acropora tanks like no sand because they can crank up the flow and it doesn't blow everywhere.

I have sand and 4 MP40s in a 36 inch tank. Mine only blows in the front corners and it stopped after a bit. I do like the no sand look though.

MtnDewMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a smaller tank, yet I run my XR15 Pro G6 at 100% schedule intensity. Because you have to modify the blues vs green vs red vs white, the effective intensity ends up being about 20-30% lower than 100%. I have pretty decent results. I also supplement with 4 super actinic T5 bulbs.

IMG_3008.jpg

34BD6549-4668-448B-B215-BCCDAABBF498_1_201_a.jpeg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back