Radion G4 to G5 Blue

greenwind82

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 6, 2013
Messages
57
Reaction score
15
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. I have 4 G4 Pro on my Red Sea Max S650 5 feet tank at the moment. I'm thinking about upgrading the G4 Pro to G5 Blue. Would 3 G5 Blu enough or should I go with 4? Thanks
 
The g5 will have better color blending but the light delivery will be about the same. If it’s not a larger source, the coverage won’t be better.
 
Why not start off with three and add another if you have shadowing issues? If this is a big concern, you could also go with the xr15s. It's a smaller unit than the straton and xr30, so you can "fine tune" their mounting to address any shadowing.
 
i have four g5 xr15s on one six foot tank and i have great spread and nice PAR. I also have7ft tank with four xr30s with in my opinion phemonal spreard and par. While the XR15s give me a nice blanket of 300 to 100 PAR (even spread from top-300- to bottom-100-), the XR30s have much higher PAR, nearly 300PAR around 20" below the water line. I guess it would depend on what your trying to grow and how much shadowing you are trying to work around.
 
Thanks. I really appreciate everyone's input!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 23.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 15 24.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 13.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 5 8.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new