Radion G5 Blue Schedule

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
does WWC offer a nice light setting especially for the Radion G5 Blue? I'm still looking for a nice setting for the attitude of Homewrecker and Walt Disney Tenuis. At the moment I am still using the 1500 gallon setting from WWC which is for Pro lamps and I am not really satisfied with it.

Best wishes

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The closest we have on the site at the moment is the 100g Reef as this reef uses the G5 Blue. I know this is more for a mixed reef, but by tweaking the whites, reds and greens just a bit on each point you will get the affect you are looking for.

If not, please send us an email to ([email protected]) and we can send another that'll hopefully work for you.

Screen Shot 2021-06-22 at 2.41.57 PM.png

OP
OP
Rando

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you very much, I'll adjust and test it. if you have more, please let me know

Johnmy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The closest we have on the site at the moment is the 100g Reef as this reef uses the G5 Blue. I know this is more for a mixed reef, but by tweaking the whites, reds and greens just a bit on each point you will get the affect you are looking for.

If not, please send us an email to ([email protected]) and we can send another that'll hopefully work for you.

Screen Shot 2021-06-22 at 2.41.57 PM.png
Hi. How are you? Greetings, sorry to bother you.
I have a 125g mixed tank, 72 "wide x 22.5" high x 18 deep. I have 2 Radion G5 Blue X30, 1 on each side and 2 blue X15 in the center. All with diffuser. It is possible that you could help me, please?
1-what would be the best height above the water level for the lights? (Currently I have them at a height of 12 ". But I have space, in case I need to climb more)
2- Do you recommend some of your templates for my tank?
3-And at what total intensity should I put it?
4- It is good to keep it with diffusers or not?
5- If I change the template, should I acclimatize the new template for at least 1 week so that the corals adapt to the new configuration?
Excuse so many questions. I'm not good at configuring these lights, hank you if you can help me all you can please.
This is the configuration that I have now that I found it somewhere but I am not convinced. Thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210627-230044_Mobius.jpg
    Screenshot_20210627-230044_Mobius.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 712
  • 16248533761152412386398643891609.jpg
    16248533761152412386398643891609.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 820

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. How are you? Greetings, sorry to bother you.
I have a 125g mixed tank, 72 "wide x 22.5" high x 18 deep. I have 2 Radion G5 Blue X30, 1 on each side and 2 blue X15 in the center. All with diffuser. It is possible that you could help me, please?
1-what would be the best height above the water level for the lights? (Currently I have them at a height of 12 ". But I have space, in case I need to climb more)
2- Do you recommend some of your templates for my tank?
3-And at what total intensity should I put it?
4- It is good to keep it with diffusers or not?
5- If I change the template, should I acclimatize the new template for at least 1 week so that the corals adapt to the new configuration?
Excuse so many questions. I'm not good at configuring these lights, hank you if you can help me all you can please.
This is the configuration that I have now that I found it somewhere but I am not convinced. Thank you.

We are good thanks! And never a bother! We are always here to help.

Keep in mind though that every reef tank is different and the best way to with trial and error. The most important thing is the corals and how they react to the lighting.

1) 12" is fine as if you go up to high quite a bit of the light will be lost as the light spreads out.

2) Our templates will work well for you. I would go with the 100 gallon mixed reef. The overall intensity should work for your needs as the lights are about the same height. You might need to lower the intensity just a bit as you have the XR-15's as well.

3) The overall intensity is embedded into that template, as such I wouldn't mess with it too much. These lights are very powerful and you can easily cook your corals. If anything and as I mentioned above, I would lower the intensity in the beginning, just so the corals can adapt to the new lighting schedule.

4) I personally really like the diffusers. It blends the spectrums much better than without it.

5) Yes, you should absolutely acclimate your corals to the new template for at least one week. Don't skip from one to another unless you are just sampling them.

I hope this helps and best of luck!

Chris

Johnmy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Keep in mind though that every reef tank is different and the best way to with trial and error. The most important thing is the corals and how they react to the lighting.

1) 12" is fine as if you go up to high quite a bit of the light will be lost as the light spreads out.

2) Our templates will work well for you. I would go with the 100 gallon mixed reef. The overall intensity should work for your needs as the lights are about the same height. You might need to lower the intensity just a bit as you have the XR-15's as well.

3) The overall intensity is embedded into that template, as such I wouldn't mess with it too much. These lights are very powerful and you can easily cook your corals. If anything and as I mentioned above, I would lower the intensity in the beginning, just so the corals can adapt to the new lighting schedule.

4) I personally really like the diffusers. It blends the spectrums much better than without it.

5) Yes, you should absolutely acclimate your corals to the new template for at least one week. Don't skip from one to another unless you are just sampling them.

Chris
Thank you very much for answering. So I'm going to put that template. I can put that template without changing absolutely anything and only put 7 days of acclimatization right? And my daylight hours are from 11am to 9pm. It's okay like that?

Johnmy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Chris
Sorry if I didn't mention it before. My tank is mixed but I want it to domine the SPS. This would be the best template that you recommend? I was just wondering why I was looking at it that I see it very blue, and now I was looking at your 100 gal video and I don't see much SPS or maybe I was used to the one I had before.

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry if I didn't mention it before. My tank is mixed but I want it to domine the SPS. This would be the best template that you recommend? I was just wondering why I was looking at it that I see it very blue, and now I was looking at your 100 gal video and I don't see much SPS or maybe I was used to the one I had before.

Shoot, sorry about that, I didn't respond in a timely fashion.

If it isn't blue enough, you can always go into the mobius app and fix each point to bring up the intensity of the blues / violet to get the colors you are looking for. We hope to add another template for straight up blues (with a little daylight peak, but we haven't gotten there quite yet).

Hope that helps.

Chris

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much for answering. So I'm going to put that template. I can put that template without changing absolutely anything and only put 7 days of acclimatization right? And my daylight hours are from 11am to 9pm. It's okay like that?

Yes, that schedule will work fine, but you can increase it by an hour or so and be just fine as long as they are just blue / violets and low overall intensity of around 30%

OP
OP
Rando

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shoot, sorry about that, I didn't respond in a timely fashion.

If it isn't blue enough, you can always go into the mobius app and fix each point to bring up the intensity of the blues / violet to get the colors you are looking for. We hope to add another template for straight up blues (with a little daylight peak, but we haven't gotten there quite yet).

Hope that helps.

Chris
that would be cool of you if you could devise a schedule for the Blue ..

Johnmy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, that schedule will work fine, but you can increase it by an hour or so and be just fine as long as they are just blue / violets and low overall intensity of around 30%
Thanks for answering. Yes, it would be good a template that works perfectly for the growth of corals and at the same time that the colors of the fish are defined, because when it is too blue, the colors of the fish are not defined. I was looking at the AB + that is in mobius and the fish are seen with beautiful colors. What I am not sure if everything at 100% in rush hour is good for the corals. I would like to hear from someone who has used Ab + for a long time and has had good growth?

ELChingonsReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Chris
Hi Chris. I have a quick question if you don't mind helping me out? I just received my xr15 g5 blues I have two of them going on my brand new red sea reefer 300xl . New tank new lights new system completely. Im transferring mostly lps acans scollys and blastoma. With two sps yellow tip and green slimer frags. I want to have heavy sps on top and still have lower par for my acans and lps corals. I'm trying to create a successful mixed reef hopefully. I'm going to use the ecotech mounting arms that has the lights set at BRS recommend 8" my question is what WWC lighting template should I use for my setup? Your mixed reef is 100gall + with xr30s right? mine is only 65. Does it make a difference? What do you suggest?

chipchipbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bump
@WWC is there a blue template yet? I prefer the full blue and fluorescent style and want to know if the Radiant Color would be an option youd recommend?

Volcom6981

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for a G5 blue schedule as well for a mostly sps tank with some daylight in there as well, thank you

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back