Radion G6 Spectrum

devin.reed2000

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would it be more optimal to run my Radion G6 Blue on the LPS/Soft spectrum or AB+ spectrum? I have a mixed reef tank. I know the Radion Blue’s are optimized to use the AB+ spectrum, but would it be ok for the LPS and softies to run this spectrum?

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Run them what looks good to you.
What looks good to someone isn't always the best for the coral.
OP, maybe list the all the corals you have in your reef along with perimeters and flow, then most likely there is a forum member here running a very similar tank with similar lights, hopefully they can chime in and give you some great helpful advise that has worked for them and have given them good long term success.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
All the Ecotech presets will grow all coral just fine. Pick what your eye likes and then if you can get a PAR meter to set intensity. If you can't get a PAR meter, watch the BRS videos on the Radions and get a good idea where to set your levels for the PAR goals you have

Reefer911

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got two XR15s up and running last night and I was under the assumption that I’d see preset lighting schedules/spectrums but I have nothing.
I did download ReefSite’s schedule and I’m running it but I’d like to take a look at the AB+ as well.

Also, can someone explain point intensity?

Jason_MrFrags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
What looks good to someone isn't always the best for the coral.
OP, maybe list the all the corals you have in your reef along with perimeters and flow, then most likely there is a forum member here running a very similar tank with similar lights, hopefully they can chime in and give you some great helpful advise that has worked for them and have given them good long term success.
Corals adapt. You can run just blues 450nm or you could run just whites(which are full spectrum). There are some programs that you could load and use. But its really whatever looks good to you.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back