Radion/Hydra mounting problem solved...

Drizzieee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hello all wanted to share some insight on anyone who wanted to run not just these lights but pretty much any light that has a capability for a ceiling mount with screws to be attached on the top. I’ll share with you my simple mounting technique that i found helpful for my tank as i couldn’t put any mounts (pentagon eurobrace) so i had to come up with something that i found suitable for my tank and hopefully many of you will too if you can’t or don’t want to buy a specific mount for your lights. In the end it sure saved me some time and money so it was a win win!

FD92A214-996D-4694-9CE0-C45DA92AB65D.jpeg

180446C0-95DD-4910-BEC4-D754AA9FD226.jpeg

4B253721-48E5-45BB-AEA2-862103F197B1.jpeg

Now to simply summarize it all i bought some simple L shaped brackets formed them into an S shape by positioning them opposite direction of one another and was able to use wood screws to mount directly into the hood. I used buta and bolts simple enough to lock the L brackets in place and honestly that was it! My hood maybe not like many other people’s tanks has a hinge so it props up and i have to reach over as you can see in the first photo. Hopefully this gives an idea and sheds some light to people who want to save some extra money or can’t simply use mounts on their tanks and don’t want to have ceiling mounts! Lmk what you guys think!

Happy Reefing!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great idea!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back