RADION XR15 G4 ENOUGH?

Uscanga2311

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 10, 2017
Messages
29
Reaction score
13
What state or country do you live in
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi R2R family:


My next reef tank, it will be a NANO (20inx20inx20in), my question is if a RADION xr15 g4, it will be enough for sps corals, lps and soft corals. I hope you can help me! or give me some feedback, thank you! :)
 
Hi R2R family:


My next reef tank, it will be a NANO (20inx20inx20in), my question is if a RADION xr15 g4, it will be enough for sps corals, lps and soft corals. I hope you can help me! or give me some feedback, thank you! :)
The recommended spread for an xr15 is 18x18 but you may get some shadowing near the edges.
 
I think the xr-15 should work great for you. I have a 60g (24x24x24) cube and I'm current running a gen 3 Radion xr-15. I'm about to start diving into SPS but I have been keeping LPS and softies successfully for a couple of years (and im only running my light at 50% intensity). I'm gonna rent a par meter in the next couple weeks to test my Radion before adding sps.
 
I think the xr-15 should work great for you. I have a 60g (24x24x24) cube and I'm current running a gen 3 Radion xr-15. I'm about to start diving into SPS but I have been keeping LPS and softies successfully for a couple of years (and im only running my light at 50% intensity). I'm gonna rent a par meter in the next couple weeks to test my Radion before adding sps.
holy Molly! really only 50%! thank you very much for the observation
 
holy Molly! really only 50%! thank you very much for the observation

I'll post my results when I test my par this week. I think my current schedule is the "High Growth" schedule but I might switch over to AB+.
 
holy Molly! really only 50%! thank you very much for the observation
Radions are very powerful. If you do a little research you'll find most don't exceed 65% intensity and even then many bleach their corals after first installing the light as the underestimate how powerful it actually is
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new