Radion xr15 G6 Pro Mobius app time does not advance

Scottrshoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just installed a new Radion XR15 G6 Pro on my tank. I got the schedule all set up and was able to run the preview in the Mobius app. However the time on the app does not advance. I can go to settings>Time&Date when I hit the "set to current time" button, it corrects the time, but it just stays at that time and does not advance...

It seems to be an issue with the Mobius App rather than the light, but I don't know how to fix this. Anyone else have this problem, or advise on how to correct the issue?

I have read great reviews on these lights, but it is basically useless with the Mobius app. Is there any other way to control a Radion?

OP
OP
Scottrshoe

Scottrshoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a similar issue with Mobius and I uninstalled it then reinstalled and it corrected the issue.
Mobius could be alot better,imo.

Reboot the light. Mine has stuck a couple times and that fixes it.
Thanks everyone.
I will try rebooting, and if that doesn't work, re-installing the app...hopefully one of the two will fix the issue. Lot of money for a light if I can't control it...

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is Ecosmart? Will it control the Radion?

Ecosmart live is web based control but it requires a reeflink (additional expense) which is basically a wifi module that allows the devices to be controlled in a browser. It was used with older ecotech devices (my radions are gen 4) that had no wifi or Bluetooth but IMO is far superior to mobius. I may be wrong but I don't think the newer devices like gen 6 lights are compatible. Maybe I'm just old but I use 3 different apps not counting mobius to control devices and I get along with all of them except mobius :thinking-face: Many folks are using mobius so I'm sure they'll help you figure things out.

Reefer911

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just installed a new Radion XR15 G6 Pro on my tank. I got the schedule all set up and was able to run the preview in the Mobius app. However the time on the app does not advance. I can go to settings>Time&Date when I hit the "set to current time" button, it corrects the time, but it just stays at that time and does not advance...

It seems to be an issue with the Mobius App rather than the light, but I don't know how to fix this. Anyone else have this problem, or advise on how to correct the issue?

I have read great reviews on these lights, but it is basically useless with the Mobius app. Is there any other way to control a Radion?
Did you ever get this issue resolved?

I had the same problem before when I was using a Versa, and the time issue rendered any program useless.

Now, I’m only using my MP40s and the clock is fine on the app. Maybe it was only because I was using the Versa.

I’m concerned because I’m about to get some Radions and I dread dealing with app problems.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 154 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.2%
Back