Radion XR30w G4 Pro Questions

  • Thread starter Thread starter coker98
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

coker98

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
78
Reaction score
16
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone.

I currently have an 8 bulb ATI fixture at 60 inches and am in the process of getting a bigger tank.

I'm also looking to shift my tank to more mixed and possibly go LPS dominant.

This means if I stick with T5s, that's a butt load of light and a huge bill to run them and cool the house.

So my question is, I'm looking at going the radion gen4 route. The tank will be 60*60*24. What kind of coverage do these lights provide in a practical sense?

I know I've read that the gen3 XR30s cover a 24*24 inch area. I saw the marine depot review and they mentioned better coverage and blending from the gen4 units. Could I get away with 4 units for this cube type set up?

Thanks in advance.
 
I currently have an sps dominate tank (96x30x30) with 5 G3 pros pretty much down the center and don't have any coverage issues. I think you'll be just fine with 4. Two in the front and two in the back.
 
Yep. It'll have to be built but that's the plan. I move in to the new house in 8 months so it'll be around that time.
 
Truely they base the xr30 on 36X36 coverage area, with 4 I think you would still have plenty of overlap from one light to the other, 24" depth is a plus due to not having to ride the light up very high, when you get them installed the best way to definitively know is to borrow a par meter and test.
 
Ok. Thank you. I just want to account for an ample amount. I'll still have some sps but I think I'm liking the movement of LPS plus not having to run 1280 watts of lights for 7-9 hours a day is a plus.
 
It would all be new to me. I've never tested PAR. The corals grow decently enough.
29267849830fd820983174691dc5b573.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new