Radon settings to match radium mh

  • Thread starter Thread starter billwill
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

billwill

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 3, 2012
Messages
538
Reaction score
401
Location
Oregon
What state or country do you live in
Oregon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t be the first to ask this, but I’ve searched high and low and can’t find an answer. I’m not happy with the look of my radions with AB+ or PHX14 Coral lab settings. I miss my radiums (not the heat!) and want to know if anyone has settled on a radion setting to emulate them.
 
I thought the AB+ was developed from radium MH, but i could be wrong.
 
AB+ was to match the AB from ATI bulbs... and modified a bit.

A Radion will never look like a 20k Radium... or vice versa. This is why you cannot find anything. You might end up liking one more than the other, but they will never look the same.

Edit: you cannot match the 14k Phoenix either... or any other MH bulb. Most people cannot tell a difference, but if you can, then you can... and it is not possible.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new